What ring size do I need?
The indicated ring sizes at VINTART refer to the inner ring circumference and also indicate the German standard ring size.
Find out the ring size by means of a suitable ring
Take a well fitting ring for the finger on which the ring is to be worn. Now measure the exact inner diameter of the ring in millimeters. The diameter multiplied by Π (pi) = 3.14 gives the inner ring circumference. (You can also take the values from our ring size table below).
Find out the ring size from the circumference of the finger
You can also find out the correct inner ring circumference with a piece of paper, aluminum foil (for wider rings) or thread (for narrow, thin rings). Cut off a strip of material about 5 mm wide and 10 cm long and wrap it around the area of the finger where the ring will later be placed so that you can still easily turn it around your finger. Also make sure that the test ring fits over the knuckle of the finger, as this can be thicker than the base of the finger. Measure the marked length. The inner circumference of the ring is then the length in millimeters.
Tips and hints for ring size determination
- The fingers of the left and right hand are usually of different thickness. Therefore always measure exactly the finger on which you want to wear the ring.
- Keep in mind that fingers are usually thinner in cold weather than in heat.
- During the day, the circumference of the fingers changes: Usually, fingers are narrower in the morning than in the evening.
- The finger circumference can also change in the course of life - therefore it makes sense to always determine the current ring size.
- If the knuckles are wider than the finger root, please measure the knuckle AND the finger root.
- If you can't decide between two sizes, you better take the larger one.
- If you are unsure, test the finger sizes over one or two days.
- For rings with a wider band, it is better to choose one size larger so that the ring does not sit so tightly on the finger.
- For open worked rings with variable sizes, please indicate your desired ring size so that we can adjust the ring accordingly.
- A ring fits ideally if it is easy on the finger and can be pulled down with slight resistance.
- Depending on the strength of the hand and the shape of the fingers, rings can also be worn very well on the middle finger!
- The ring size usually increases with right-handed people from ring finger left to middle finger left, ring finger right to middle finger right.
- LADIES Ring sizes for narrow fingers are usually between 48 and 56, wider fingers between 57 and 62.
- MEN's ring sizes for narrow fingers are usually ring sizes 58 to 63, wider fingers 64 to 70 / 72.
- If you know your ring size in another international size, simply use our ring size chart to find out your German ring size.
International ring sizes