Such pins made of gold doublé with rhinestones or even real stones were often produced in jewellery factories around the turn of the century for "everyone's purse". They were usually worn on the stand-up collar á la mode. Today they are charming accessories on dark fabrics for jackets or jumpers.
A rose gold Art Nouveau brooch in gold doublé with a ruby coloured glass stone from around 1900.
The well-balanced brooch is designed in a symmetrical geometric manner. Its basic shape is based on an openwork graphic Art Nouveau ornament. The centre is adorned by an abstracted flower whose blossom is a round, ruby-coloured stone. A suspension made of a set, whitish-orange-green shimmering, genuine opal drop completes the elegant piece of jewellery.
The pin has a simple hook clasp.
- Condition: Good condition with patina
- Material: Gold doublé (brass covered with reddish rolled Gold)
- Stones: Opal, Ruby Red crystal glass
- Stone Sizes: Length Opal 0.4 cm, diameter Rhinestone 0,3 cm
- Brooch Size: 3.4 x 2.4 cm
- Weight: 2 g